CHC Solutions Mystery Shoppers:
We wanted to wish each of you a Happy and Healthy New Year! We thank everyone who has helped this past year make CHC Solutions, Inc. as successful and growing as we are today. We wanted to take a moment to go over some common mistakes shoppers are making: This will help with consistency for clients. If you submit reports with these common errors, they will be sent back for rewrites. Any report that has to be rewritten for consistency will be docked in pay.
Any shopper that cancels a shop once airfaire has been committed, will be assessed a cancellation fee equal to the reimbursements for that shop.
* Descriptions: No matter what type of shop you are completing, all descriptions need to be written for employees as follows: Bob (male, brown hair, tattoo left neck). We don’t need the ages, complexion description, or the expression “no glasses.” We also no longer need the build or race.
* Names: We MUST have names for all employees. If you don’t see a nametag, you must ASK their name. The best way to do this is to thank the employee and as you begin speaking say, “Oh, I’m sorry, what is your name? Oh Bob, thank you so much,” Then ask your question. Without a name, the report is useless to a client and you will not be reimbursed. If you are unsure of spelling once they tell you their name just put (sp?) next to it.
* Shifts: This is located on the dropdown menu via Prophet shoppers: Day Shift 7:00 AM-3:55 PM; Swing Shift 4:00 PM-10:00 PM; Grave Shift 10:00 PM-6:55 AM
* Quarters: This is located on the drop down menu via Prophet: Jan, Feb March-Quarter 1; April, May, June – Quarter 2; July, August, Sept-Quarter 3; October, November, December Quarter 4
* Times: We write times as follows: 7:00 AM; 8:30 PM, etc. No periods in between AM and PM and no lower case letters.
* Departments Names: All departments must be capitalized (Player’s Club, Spa, Front Desk, Host, Server, etc.) Clients also want certain words capitalized such as Casino, Hotel, Buffet, Floor Supervisor, Dealer, etc. Basically, any position or title.
* Copy / Pasting: We are frequently seeing shoppers submitting reports with a copy / paste from previous reports and previous sections of reports. This is completely unacceptable. If you submit any reports with a copy / paste, your report will not be accepted.
* Turnaround time: All reports are due within 24 hours of leaving the property. No exceptions will be made. Loews Properties have 48 hours after check out. Shops that include a Hotel overnight must be typed on property.
* Note Taking on Property: Shoppers are expected to text or use a note taking system on their cell phone to record the specific shop details. Recordings are not permitted on Casino property. It is highly recommended to text all details, as texts are time stamped. Shoppers are being followed on camera by the client to validate information provided. You must be honest with times and information or your shop will not be valid.
-CHC Solutions, Inc. will reimburse up to 2 adults’ food and beverage at any of our shops. If there is a maximum amount allowable, you will be notified ahead of time. Steakhouse reimbursements are capped at $125.00, including tip.
-Shoppers should not be ordering numerous side dishes. A standard shop is one entrée, 1 beverage, an appetizer or dessert to share.
-All Spa reimbursements are capped at a 1 hour massage and for the shopper only, guests Spa visits are not included.
-Rental car reimbursements: These rates fluctuate every day and the shopper will need to double check the rates a few days before travel to see if they can get a better rate. We do not pay for Liability Coverage or any insurance coverage. As an Independent Contractor you are required to carry your own Workers Comp Insurance. You are responsible for your own coverage.
-We only reimburse for the shopper’s travel, except for the Loews Program which has its exceptions.
-All airline travel and rental cars must be pre-approved by CHC Solutions, Inc.
-Parking at the Airport: No Valet Parking at the airport, please use long term parking.
-We do not pay for mileage to the Airport or the gas it takes to get there.
-CHC Solutions, Inc. does not pay for checked bags. You will need to always use a carry on. The only exception will be for the Loews Program.
* Bar Shops: Shoppers are only required to order one beverage at the bar; however, they are never required to drink it. Since the shopper is writing up the evaluation, you can excuse yourself to go to the restroom and then leave the beverage behind. At no time, for any reason, should more than one alcoholic beverage ever be consumed, or your shop will not be accepted. No alcohol is ever required.
Commonly asked questions:
* Gaming: The most common question asked is whether you can keep your gaming wins. The answer is no. The client reimburses a small amount to keep you in the Casino long enough to evaluate service. We are not there on our own to win. Wins must be returned. If a guest is accompanying you and you are using their interaction at any time while on property as part of your report, you MUST return the win. If you have a large win over $600.00 you must immediately ask the payout employee to have taxes taken out on the spot from the win so that you don’t owe anything at the end of the year. DO NOT PLAY PROGRESSIVE OR JACKPOT MACHINES!!
* Payment: Shoppers always ask when they get paid. We pay through Chase
Banking Online or Payable. and checks are paid on the 30th of the month following when the shop was completed. Often, if the check comes in sooner, you will get paid sooner. We pay out the day the payment is received from the client. Starting in 2014, any checks that are not cashed within 90 days will not be re-issued. You must provide CHC Solutions, Inc with an updated mailing address.
CHC Solutions participates in many different types of mystery shops. I’ve put a brief description below so that everyone is aware of those in which we participate:
* Service-We are strictly on property to evaluate the quality and friendliness of service. This includes smiles, name usage, timeframes for delivery, etc.
* Integrity-These shops are completely based on the honesty and integrity of an employee’s cash handling. The entire shop must be paid for in cash and you are never to ask for a receipt. If a receipt is requested, the employee is less likely to steal. When you are at the bar of an integrity shop, you must watch not only your interaction but up to 3 others as well. You note the time the person ordered what they ordered, and how much was paid. The client goes in on the back end and is able to pull up the micros system to see what was charged and what was recorded. Your facts must be accurate in an integrity shop as employees jobs are on the line. If you are unsure of any interaction, it cannot be used.
Hallie Koerner & Mandy Houghton
CHC Solutions, Inc.